Thursday, May 21, 2015

Bathroom Redos

May is such a busy month for us, not only do we have high school graduations but we also have a college graduation!! The first week of the month was CU's graduation and we blew up SO MANY gold and black balloons!! I'm looking forward to this weekend and blowing up purple and gold and red, white, and black balloons!

Anyways, a couple months ago I decided we needed to redo our guest/downstairs bathroom. I really hate those wall-length mirrors that are from like the '90s. You can see them in the before pictures. So I wanted to replace that with just a regular framed mirror, put in some shelves, some wall art, and paint. We picked out a nice ocean-y blue. When we went to get the paint, we were closer to Lowe's than Home Depot and figured their paint would be just as good (we usually go to Home Depot for everything). We picked out the color, got to checkout and it rung up as $45!!! We looked at each other and were like "no way" so we left the paint there and got $25 paint from Home Depot!! Lesson learned: Always go to Home Depot! Originally, I did volunteer to paint because my husband doesn't love to paint but my loving husband painted the whole thing one day before I even knew about it! (I love him). So first before pictures and then after pictures:

Yucky wall-length mirror

Boring white walls (plus weird picture that the guy who lived here before left)
New pretty framed mirror!

Pretty shelves
Yes, the sand and seashells are actually from Florida. Sand from Mexico City Beach, I believe, and seashells are from when Cliff and I went to Jacksonville.

Dolphin from my cruise to Jamaica and awesome Mermaid picture painted for me by my brother's super talented girlfriend.
Wall art made by me



I loved this bathroom makeover so much that I decided we HAD TO update our master bathroom too. I have no before pictures but just imagine that it had the same gross wall-length mirror that the downstairs bathroom had. We picked out a peach color for the wall (I know it looks kinda orangey in one of the pics but believe me it is gorgeous in person!), added new lights, and as luck would have it we found framed mirrors in the same wood color as our cabinets!

New pretty framed mirrors and updated light fixtures!
Pretty peach colored walls!
It totally looks orange here but I LOVE the new curtains, they are a pretty green and so much better than what was there before (cleaner too)

So that's what we've been up to the last two months!

til next time,
nik

No comments:

Post a Comment