Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Craft Roundup #1

Hello!

It's been too long! Seems like running a business (and being sick) doesn't leave too much time for taking photos and blogging step-by-step directions for crafts. I have been crafting but when I do find time for it, I don't feel like taking a million pictures of each step. I have decided instead to *try* and do a weekly craft round-up (it might be more of a monthly but I'm trying for weekly). I'll post pictures of things I have made that week. Enjoy!

First up is the 8ft craft table my husband and I built. Instead of painting the top, I put contact paper on it. It was a lot harder than you would think but it is so cute! I love having a pattern on the top instead of just paint. I also LOVE how long it is!!

When my husband was out of town, I caught the crafting bug and decided that it was finally time to update our mantel decorations (it had been Christmas themed and it is March). I decided to make a pennant banner (I cut out 43 teeny tiny triangles and sewed them together). I bought some already cut fabric squares from Hobby Lobby and went with a teal theme:
I also like to keep a bible verse on the mantle. Previously it had been this one:
I loved seeing this everyday so I knew I had to find another bible verse that spoke to me. After browsing Pinterest, I settled on this one:
I love reading this everyday, it reminds me that God is in control and He knows what is best for us.

Next up, I decided to redo our guest bathroom. I want to paint it, take out the huge mirror and put in a nice normal-sized one, and add some floating shelves (which I haven't gotten to yet) BUT I have made these cute wall decorations for when I do finally get around to painting it:


Well, that's all I've done lately. Hopefully I'll get around to the bathroom in the next week or two, who knows!

til next time,
nik

No comments:

Post a Comment