Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy November!!

I love November. I love the changing leaves, I love the weather, I love Thanksgiving. I love a holiday that is about being thankful for things.

This week I worked on making a wreath for our front door. I have sat down to make a wreath at least three times and this time I finally gave up. Wreaths are not my thing. But making signs is my thing!

I painted this board brown:


Then I cut these out with my silhouette:

 And placed them on the board:

 Yay it looks good! After doing this I wondered if brushing mod podge over the top would make it look better. I like mod podge but EVERY TIME I use it I have this fear that it is not going to dry clear and end up looking like this:

(This is before it dried)
 Even though I have used it on multiple projects and it ALWAYS dries clear, that fear always comes back when I use it.

Finished product!!
The mod podge didn't actually make any difference at all. I can't wait to hang this on the front door!!

Happy November!!

til next time,
nik

No comments:

Post a Comment