Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Menu Board

I have been wanting some kind of menu board for awhile. I really love the chalkboard ones but just can't bring myself to buy one. Using things that I already had, I created one. Now this one works for me because I only cook once, maybe twice a week. If I cooked more, I would need a bigger menu board.

I have a bunch of these boards sitting in my closet, I used to use them when we lived in Alabama to put quotes or "Go Noles" on!



 I printed out this guy with my Silhouette:

I decided to stencil the days of the week on the board instead of using my Silhouette.

I wrote them in pencil just in case I made a mistake and it was a good thing I did because, of course, I needed to move some around.

It was easy enough to just paint over the erased pencil marks with white paint. And then I just painted the letters black.


And added what I had printed out with my Silhouette at the top:

Then my loving hubby helped me screw in these hooks underneath each day of the week. We tried just screwing them in but ended up having to drill starter holes in order to screw them in.

Then I found these adorable metallic binder clips that I hung on each hook

The plan is to clip a recipe onto whatever day I'm going to cook that recipe. So far it's worked well. I planned to cook Pork Chop Casserole on Tuesday and did. Then I ate leftovers for a week. I need to find more recipes for one, since my hubby doesn't eat what I eat. I get tired of eating leftovers after a couple days. Any suggestions?

til next time,
nik



No comments:

Post a Comment