Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Tale of How I Turned One TShirt Into Two Headbands in One Afternoon

I don't have a lot of time for crafting anymore (and blogging is wayyyyyy down on my list). To find out more about why I don't have a lot of time to craft anymore, click here.

Yes, that's right. I am now the proud owner of my (well my husband and mine) very own party store!! And I love it but unfortunately running your own business doesn't leave a whole lotta extra time for anything else. And so my craft room sits mostly unused. But sometimes, when you have a passion for something, you have to MAKE time for it. And so here is the tale of how I took one tshirt and made it into two headbands all in a VERY short amount of time, probably about 30 minutes or less.

I LOVE headbands. I'm lazy. I don't want to give up my sleep time to do my hair in the morning. This means that I have to have a headband collection. And I love to crochet them, most of the time. But THEN, then, I saw a tutorial about making a headband out of a TSHIRT! A comfy, stretchy, cute headband? How could I pass that up?

And I just happened to have a hot pink tshirt that I never got around to wearing. 


The tutorial told me to cut a strip 1.5 inches wide and 2 inches shorter than the circumference of my head.

But like I said before, I'm lazy, and from seam to seam the shirt was about 4 inches shorter than my head. So I just cut there. And then you just sew the ends together. In my book, crafting literally does not get any easier than this. Now you have a headband.


The only problem I had was that it was not wide enough. I like wide headbands and this one was teeny. Not that I won't use it but since it only took me about 15 minutes to make, I didn't mind making one that was wider. This time I cut it 5 inches wide. And cut at the seams again to make two strips.

It looked like this:

This will make 2 headbands!


 Fold it in half, sew and BAM! DONE!


This one is MUCH wider and more my style! Now I only have to decide if it's going to get a flower or some kind of embellishment. My FAVORITE part of this headband is that there is NO hemming. The tshirt naturally rolls under, so it basically hems itself for you!!




So even if you have just started your own business, this is a craft you can knock out in less than 30 minutes!

til next time (and that might be a while),

nik



No comments:

Post a Comment